JSON handling (extrapolated)

Json can be a great pain in the memory:) .I've worked with JSON files up to 4 GB ,and believe me ,regular text editors start overflowing ,its like the whole PC gets frozen on JSON ,like its importing data not just loading it .


It took me a good day about 18 hrs to figure out there is a great json viewer ,and guess what its called ,"JSON viewer"



Except that its made by MiTeC .so its called MiTeC  JSON viewer . It loads the script not in a text editor but just a neat and dev friendly environment ,you can see distinctly icons that differentiate between the super objects blocks ,elements and attributes.

It also doesn't deny you from looking at in neat text if you want to copy it without editing ,and still it doesn't lag a second.



Now it also has an editor button, if you press it ,it will take some time to show the text but it isn't an awful amount of time ,I've hidden some of the JSON info here as it was for a critical client ,so don't worry that isn't a feature of JSON viewer.

Download it from here :- https://www.mitec.cz/jsonv.html

So do I just accept the 10 sec wait till the editor shows up .... well my dev instincts just couldn't accept it and .I searched even more ,I know vs code is good at it ,specially the latest version ,which initially came with blurry font and changing theme colors when zooming , but thats ok :). So I did search for an editor that is just light when it comes to editing JSON not viewing ,so I kept surfing online over the dev communities from the wilderness of stack-overflow  to the mountains of GitHub  to the dungens of the deep web <well this last one was an exaggeration :) .Till I found it ,"NotPad2-mod" developed by German dev who refuse to make anything like it again . rizonsoft on Git,I downloaded the initial release as it was just 1mb and told him that the new version of Notepad3 doesn't have good code folding features then he decided to just remove the whole repository ,but not before I got it :P  .




There are alot of cool features in folding you can use alt-left/right for folding unfolding ,as well as alt-up/down to go to the next folding point and ctrl-alt-let/right to fold/unfold the point and all its subfolding points.

I lost the installer but I've kept the app just in case you have a 64 bit PC like all normal dev beings .

Shareable link on google drive:-
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KWCscg1mKwCar8w8dMMozTsCUrMzSPeb

Any other option like Json buddy may require ringing the nickles and thats not so efficient .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Optimal Laptop Specs

The marriage of Intuition & Logic

The clean hands strategy